At FVI, our medical coding and billing program is designed to give you the skills you need to pass the Nationally Registered Certified Coding Specialist (NRCCS) exam, which was created by the National Association of Health Professionals. Divided into five, eight-hour Saturday sessions, our program can teach you
- The responsibilities of a medical coder and biller
- The characteristics of the commercial and government insurance health plans, including Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, PPO, and POS
- Typical billing guidelines
- Current guidelines for coding diagnoses and procedures
- How to understand Insurance Claim Forms
- How to understand the complicities of ICD-10
To enter this program, you must be working as a Medical Assistant or be enrolled in a Medical Assistant Program. If you are currently a student, there are prerequisite courses required before you can participate – Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, and Office Procedures.
After you’ve completed this program and pass the NRCCS exam, you’ll be ready to start a position as a medical coding and billing specialist. The career placement team at FVI will help you find exciting opportunities so you can enter this fast-paced field and put your new skills to work for you.